Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Acne Diary

I'm making this blog to document my journey through acne. The destination, hopefully, is total cure.

I've tried going to different dermatologists in the past, and they disappointed me. They didn't really listen to my concerns and just assumed that since they were the doctors, they knew best and I just had to follow everything they said. Even when I was trying to tell one doctor that I was having an adverse effect from the treatment she was giving me - resulting in severe itching, crusting, darkening and thickening of my skin - she brushed it off and said very few people got allergies from that drug. I realized that most of these dermatologists don't really know what acne sufferers are going through. I bet most of them never had a pimple in their life.

Right now, I'm trying to determine what works best for my skin. I'm seeing noticeable effects with benzoyl peroxide and regular exfoliation. My problem is that I tend to be impatient - I want my acne completely gone now, but of course that's not gonna happen. I know I need to give my skin time to adjust to the treatment and let it work. I hope that in time, I'll get my clear skin back and be able to face the world acne-free again.

No comments:

Post a Comment