Sunday, August 30, 2009

Current Acne Regimen

Night:
Wash face with Clinique Liquid Cleanser for Oily Skin. Let dry for about 10 minutes.
Apply Clearasil Stayclear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) all over the face.

Morning:
Take oral Doxin (Doxycycline) 100 mg.
Take a bath and wash face with Clinique Liquid Cleanser for Oily Skin.
Apply Clearasil Stayclear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream all over the face. Wait 10 minutes.
Apply Maybelline UV Base SPF35 PA+++. Wait 10 minutes.
Apply MAC Studio Fix Foundation Powder.

Observations:
The Clearasil's making my skin really dry, but it's really helping with my acne. The big cystic ones have shrunk in size, and basically my skin is clearing up a little bit after just a week of using it.

Every night, whenever I see infected pustules, I prick them myself. I don't pop them just like that. I wash my hands thoroughly with soap and water and then with alcohol before the process, clean the area with alcohol (I do the process after washing my face at night), use a sterile Gauge-26 or 27 needle to prick the white dot on top of the pimple where all the pus is, and use sterile cotton buds in applying pressure to get the pus out. Then I clean the area again with alcohol. Sometimes I apply antibiotic ointment like Terramycin.

Pricking the pimples properly and aseptically lessens the chance that they will rupture by themselves and form scars. The needle incision is a clean cut and that makes the skin heal better. This makes my infected pimples disappear faster. I don't prick it unless there's already that white dot on top, though. Otherwise it's more painful and it's likely that only blood will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment